We are always growing and looking for new superstars to add to our team!
- Established 25 year old firm that provides a coordinated approach to serving clients through bookkeeping services, income tax preparation, and proactive tax planning.
- Excellent learning opportunities as you work closely with a true entrepreneur in a growing company.
- A company that values exceptional customer service for both external and internal customers.
- Wonderful team of accountants and bookkeepers to work with.
- Full-time hours
- Small town atmosphere
OPEN POSITIONS: World-Class Admin. Assistant
Rapidly growing Rathdrum accounting firm is looking for a world-class, administrative assistant to team up with and support an Enrolled Agent, entrepreneur, and author running multiple companies. In essence, I’m looking for someone to team up with me to help me leverage my time and create amazing results.
You will be working from our office located in Rathdrum, Idaho.
You must be:
- Meticulous – you have a fine eye for the details
- Resourceful – you always find a way to make it work. Solution oriented.
- Solid people skills – able to get things done by working well with people (clients and staff).
- Flexible – you can gracefully handle changing priorities and effectively deal with unexpected obstacles.
- Super organized – able to handle a large variety of projects and tasks and make sure nothing slips between the cracks.
- Utterly reliable – I need to be able to count on you, no matter what.
- Completely trustworthy – you stand behind your word and your work.
- Well spoken – articulate in both written and verbal communication. Possess great people and phone skills.
- Independent – don’t need me to micro-manage things but instead you excel when given clear outcomes for the things you are responsible for.
- Systems – always looking for ways to create systems and structure to make projects and tasks flow better and be easier for the future.
- Common sense – must possess a great deal of common sense and business sense. Also must understand at a practical level how the world of business works.
- Multi-tasker – must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks across a broad front. You need to be able to move from one to the other in a way that ensures that nothing is missed.
- Problem and project owner – you will need to take charge of the project and work independently to see a project through to its completion. You don’t need anyone telling you to start the next step in the process, rather, you consistently complete projects from start to finish.
- Technology – comfortable with technology and able to quickly learn new software. Must have an expert level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Power Point.
- Strong customer service skills – our company offers exceptional customer service to each of our clients. It is important that new team members understand and embrace this philosophy.
- Work with referral partners
- Follow up with prospects
- Assist with maintenance of website
- Assist when needed at the front desk
- Assist with email monitoring
- Assist with staff meetings & planning of staff retreats
- Preparation of weekly/monthly status reports
- Monitor & update flat fee client billings
- Prepare client engagement letters
- Preparation of Power Point presentations
- Monitor supply inventory & reorder as needed
- Develop a company staff training program
- Assemble tax returns
- Copy/scan client tax data
- Assist in setting annual company goals
- Work on other programs, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- The work environment is semi informal and can be hectic at times. You will need to be comfortable without a lot of corporate formalities. You also need to be a clear communicator who will write and speak plainly and who believes in making the workplace fun and fulfilling.
- You must want your work to be meaningful. Corny as it sounds, I deeply believe that we are doing something special in the work our company does for individuals, businesses, and exempt organizations. For this to be a good fit, you’ll need to catch the larger vision of this.
- You can count on me to always be supportive, respectful, and considerate. I will hold you accountable to getting things done in an excellent fashion.
- Over time I want to be able to turn over more and more responsibility to you as we build the relationship and trust.
- The bottom line is: I’m looking for a long-term fit with a special person who can complement my skills and abilities. Together we’ll generate amazing results.
- This position offers full-time hours. Outside of tax season our office hours are Monday – Thursday (Friday hours are reserved for catch up work or special projects). Tax season hours are Monday – Saturday but you won’t be required to work Saturday hours during tax season.
To be considered for this position, please email the following three items to me at email@example.com and use the subject line: I’m Your World Class Assistant
- Your resume with references
- Your salary requirement
- A letter that describes how you fit with the detailed description I shared above.
I’m looking forward to speaking with you.
(Please note – we are not a “smoker friendly” office and we don’t tolerate drama from our staff.)