JOIN OUR TEAM
Sr. Accountant/Tax Preparer
Are you satisfied with your current career as a traditional accountant? Have you thought about a career in the tax planning world? Do you have the desire to really make a difference in the lives of your clients? Adept Business Solutions, a firm specializing in tax and profit planning, is seeking a professional accountant/tax preparer to fill the position of Senior Tax Accountant.
At Adept Business Solutions, we’re different from the average traditional accounting office. Our firm provides a proactive approach to income tax preparation, tax planning, and profit planning for successful entrepreneurs and medical professionals nationwide. (Please see our websites: www.taxcoach4you.com and www.adeptbusiness.biz )
What’s In It For You:
You would be a part of an elite team who is known nationwide for our tax planning and profit planning services. We frequently save our clients an average of $10,000 – $50,000/year on their income taxes and then prepare a profit plan to help them maximize their cash flow and grow their profits.
Do you dream of working in a challenging, rewarding environment at a rapidly growing company without having to drive into the closest big city? Working at Adept Business Solutions in Rathdrum, ID may be just what you are looking for! Our company offers you…
To assist our clients in developing a profit plan to grow their profits each year and then to pay the least amount of tax they can legally pay using court-tested, IRS approved strategies.
To learn from a best-selling author, Quilly award recipient, and an entrepreneur who has taken steps to carve out a unique niche in the accounting market.
- Variety: Tax preparation, Tax planning, Profit planning
- Team Environment: Our approach to hiring is to pair the job to a person who can grow and excel in the position and who will appreciate the blending of people and skills that makes Adept successful.
- Flexible Work Schedule: We are open Monday – Thursday outside of tax season. Friday hours are reserved for catching up on various projects and may be taken off if work load is current.
- Small town location (miss the big city traffic!)
- Newly remodeled office building (we moved in November 2017)
- Free parking in our own lot!
- Co-workers who care about each other
- A culture of thankfulness
- Celebrations of business and personal milestones
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off for “above and beyond” job performance (earn your “Extra Mile” tokens and get paid to play)
- Paid holidays
- Eligible for participation in a SIMPLE plan after 90 days of employment
- Identify and organize clients’ documentation. Facilitation and coordination with clients to obtain information.
- Quarterly/annual QuickBooks cleanup projects.
- Prepare and post adjusting journal entries as needed to organize the tax file for preparation.
- Prepare individual, partnership, corporation, and exempt organization tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of proactive, customized tax plans.
- Assist with the preparation of profit plans (for more information, see the book “Profit First”)
- Monthly/quarterly/annual financial statement preparation for a variety of clients.
- Take on anything you can that will save me time. Be willing to roll up your sleeves and help by doing whatever needs to be done so that we get the job done timely and efficiently while maintain our high quality standards.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- License and education – Enrolled Agent or a CPA with up to date license and PTIN. You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a full-service tax/accounting office.
- Technology – comfortable with technology and able to quickly learn new software. Must have an expert level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Lacerte tax software.
- Experience – you are able to accurately prepare business tax returns, higher level personal tax returns, and exempt organization tax returns with minimal assistance.
- Independent – don’t need me to micro-manage things but instead you excel when given clear outcomes for the things you are responsible for.
- Common sense – must possess a great deal of common sense and business sense.
- Forward thinker – must be able to see beyond the task at hand and vision the whole project and your role in it.
- Team player – must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Multiple tasks – must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks across a broad front (at the same time). You need to be able to move from one to the other in a way that ensures nothing is missed.
- Problem and project owner – you will need to take charge of the project and work independently to see a project through to its completion. You don’t need anyone telling you to start the next step in the process, rather, you consistently complete projects from start to finish and enjoy taking on new challenges.
Other Desired Personality Characteristics:
- Self-Starter – you are able to take on projects with meticulous attention to detail and excellence in follow through while spending a reasonable amount of time on the project.
- Resourceful – you always find a way to make it work. Solution oriented.
- Solid people skills – able to get things done by working well with people (clients and staff) in a strong team environment.
- Flexible – you can gracefully handle changing priorities and effectively deal with unexpected obstacles.
- Super organized – able to handle a large variety of projects and make sure nothing slips between the cracks.
- Utterly reliable – I need to be able to count on you, no matter what.
- Loyal – loyal to the company and to our clients. We’ve worked extremely hard to build this company and are looking for team members who buy into our “why”.
- Completely trustworthy – you stand behind your word and your work.
- Well-spoken – articulate in both written and verbal communication. Possess great phone skills.
- Systems – always looking for ways to create systems and structure to make projects and tasks flow better and be easier for the future.
- Leadership – you will be expected to answer routine questions and help develop other staff members,
- Strong organization skills – ability to leap over hurdles of incomplete data by gathering information necessary to prepare complete and accurate tax returns and tax plans. This includes strong organizations skills and forethought to consider what may be missing.
- Strong customer service skills – our company offers “Out-Of-This-World” customer service to each of our clients. It is important that new team members understand and embrace this philosophy.
- Kind to others, team player, good morals, high energy level, flexible, self-confident, predictable, enthusiastic, good self-control, results oriented, objective, analytical thinker, no drama.
Offered Salary & Other Compensation:
Depending on your experience and performance record, we offer
- hourly pay plus monthly, performance-based commissions after 90 days employment (this should end up in the $50,000 – $75,000 range)
- 9 major holidays – paid time,
- 1 week vacation after 1 year, 2 weeks’ vacation after 2 years, 3 weeks’ vacation after 5 years,
- 4 sick days/year after 90 days of employment,
- eligible to participate in SIMPLE plan after 90 days of employment,
NOTE: Additional hours will be required during tax season (January – April).
To be considered for this position, please email the following three items:
- Your resume with references
- Your salary requirement and your salary history
- A letter that describes how you fit with the detailed description I shared above.
I’m looking forward to speaking with you. This position is open immediately. Please note that we are not a “smoker friendly” office.